Thursday, April 03, 2008

SPRING :)

It's here...finally! I got home from work and it was still light out, I actually wanted to take my dog for a walk and had energy to put together my California clinic.. life is good :)

Charly was moved on Tuesday to his new home; on Wednesday he got his first turn out of the year and since his injury. He also got to meet the barn mascot (a pot belly pig) he apparently was much braver than most about the introduction. For his first ride out there I went with the barn owner and took him on a leisurely hour long walk around their cross country schooling fields and out around the neighboring farms. Charly was very mature and completely relaxed, I think he's happy with his new accommodations.

Last week Charly had a very good doctor visit with his Ultrasound Vet and was given the go ahead to begin preparing for a spring competition. I'm planning on preparing for the May Fair Hill Preliminary Horse Trials. Charly and I have been working on our own throughout the winter and have seemed to developed a strong relationship I can't wait for our first cross country school!

Last weekend I went to watch a hunt meet on Sunday, it was on site of the Plantation Horse Trials which is across the street from Bruce Davidson's farm. It's so inspiring to watch the timber racing, makes me very anxious for my first competition! It was also a really neat feeling to know many of the jockeys now, versus last year when I didn't know any of the jockeys or trainers... I feel like now I go and have a real reason to cheer the horses and riders on.

A very funny side note to the horse stories... I've had to say good bye to my little small two seater couch that my good friend/old roommate Jennie Steres was kind enough to pass down to me. I feel like that couch has given many good years to young adults and it was now time for me to pass her down to help out the next girl in it's life. The couch is in very good hands and once again it is extremely well loved! This brings good news for all of you, I now have a traditional sized couch that is quite comfy and even a nice little chair to go along! The couch is open and available for visits, it's ready for some good breaking in :) Lots of hunt meets and horse trials in the area in the next few months ....

In California all my students are in full spring mode, being very dedicated about their riding. I have a clinic scheduled for the 7th, 8th, and 9th of April which will help prepare the Havarah Equestrian group for the April Ram Tap. Christine Scarlett has graciously accepted taking on the group and giving them her great coaching skills at the horse trials. We then have a big group planning on traveling to the May Galway Downs where I plan to fly in and coach. I'm so proud of all of my students accomplishments and hope to be around for as much of their learning as possible.

1 comment:

Jenn Jenn said...

So when are you going to post the pictures of the new barn you are at? :)