Thursday, July 30, 2009


The Red Baron owned by Lynn Fern


GInger owned and ridden by Lauren Billys photo courtesy of Lynn Fern

Wednesday was a great day, a wet day, but a lovely one still! The Cecil County Fair holds an annual jumper show that I've grown quite fond of using in my training program. Havarah's Charly used it as a training prep a few years ago, winning the stakes in the 3'6" and the 3'9" divisions.

This year I used it as a practice round for three of my young horses, and some show pressure for two of my riders. Tango, a young TB mare jumped fabulously and I can't stress how excited I am about this little lady. Beaujeste, the rising pony star, is starting to really learn about jumping style instead of being so concerned about his speed and the Red Baron jumped around this course like an old campaigner, not nervous and un-shure like he's been a bit in the past.

Katelyn Jackson and The Weasel were an exciting pair to watch. The Weasel is a machine of a Connemara and can really leap. He'll soon be looking for a new junior to teach as Katelyn's new horse is arriving on Monday/!! I plan on Weasel being a Havarah horse forever though, he has to stay in the barn :)

THEN there was the rain and our Irish horse Ginger showed everyone how big feet can splash through puddles like they're not even there. Lauren gave Ginger a great ride and won 2 of her 3 classes and came home with a nice check. She promised us all corndogs, but she got lucky as the fair didn't even sell them!

No comments: