Friday, March 12, 2010

Kirkwood, PA in 10 days!!

My time here in glorious Aiken, Sc is coming to a close. Aiken has served me and the horses very very well. I feel so inspired and ready for a busy year of training, coaching, competing and selling horses.

Today I watched a few of the "A" list USET riders work with Mark Phillips. Phillip Dutton rode one horse over fences and another on the flat; Boyd Martin rode Neville over fences. Both riders are exeptional and all three horses are true talents. It's so cool to watch these partnerships practice and see ways and methods to take home to my "barn".

After watching I went and had a glorious day schooling Beaujeste and Sabrina over fences. Both of them love the dressage and cross country but tend to get a little "excited" in the show jumping. Today I felt like we made tremendous stides in terms of their ride-ability which in turn gave them a lovely feel over the fences. Can't wait for Southern Pines!

Havarah's Charly has been ticking away at his conditioning program. He is LESS fat, and LESS hairy... AND he gets to do his first cross country schooling of the year, tomorrow!!! :) I'm a little excited if you couldn't tell.

Next weekend is Southern Pines II- I'll be busy that weekend with 5 or 6 competition rides. Luckily I'll be in good hands with my trusty helpers, Hannah, Quinn and Amy Jackson (Charly's personal strapper!)

THEN it's home to our new barn in Kirkwood, Pa. Horses will be so happy for green grass, great footing in an indoor and lots of wonderful hacking.

No comments: