Monday, June 04, 2012

Waredaca A+

This last weekend consisted of many of my favorite things.

Lovely spring weather
Wonderful horses
Good courses
Nice footing
Pretty ribbons
Killer students

and one very special fiance :)

Saturday was grand. The Diesel Boy competed in the YEH 5 year old class, Bryce and I have thought highly of this horse for awhile and today he really shined.  Winning the dressage and conformation portions of the YEH and getting a high score in the jumping left him with a blue ribbon.  I'd like to syndicate this horse so I can try to make the US team on him when he grows up, let me know if would like to join Team Diesel!
I also had the pleasure of receiving a red ribbon on Alpine- the very pretty pinto Dutch mare I ride for her breeder/owner Susie Bardel. "Piney" was just broke one year ago, so it's exciting to be part of her growing up process, whoever purchases this mare is going to have lots of fun!

Sunday we did it all over again. I rode Puttin on the Ritz in the preliminary. He had a wonderful SJ round and got some more good miles to educate him closer to his next shot at the FEI events... and a lovely 6th place!

My students are amazing me every day.
Maddie Parisan - 2nd place Preliminary Rider
John Nunn - 6th place Preliminary Rider
Hannah Metz and Quinn Anderson strong finishes in the training classes

GO TEAM!

Next weekend we'll focus on the up and coming youngsters at Plantation Field! 

No comments: