Monday, June 03, 2013

Feathers anyone?

BIG big BIGGGG stuff going on in MK Equestrian :)

First of all Steve Berkowitz deserves a huge congrats for a near win last Saturday at Waredaca- he ran too fast xc and was farther away from optimum time so he got the red ribbon with the 1st place tie break.  Steve is great inspiration around here; a full time vet and avid photographer who comes up with the time to practice practice practice and it's starting to really come to fruition for him.

Quinn Anderson has been having way too much fun with the super pony, Sprite.  They've now completed 3 Preliminary events and at Waredaca they finished on their dressage mark to score in the pink ribbon.  Pretty exciting stuff!  Not a bad way to start summer vacation!

Ever heard of Indian Charlie? Me neither but now I own his son! :)  After selling Sabrina to her wonderful new home I was persuaded by my coach, Phillip Dutton, to go take a look at this 6 year old TB he had been keeping his eye on. I've been dreaming of getting another horse to rise back up to the USET levels and once I jumped this horse I knew I had to figure out how to get him.  Julie Richards had brought "Bristol Indian" along and I am so thankful to her for allowing me to take on the ride.

Bristol is an all American guy- and super classy at that.  I think this horse and I will be spending the next few months working out a partnership but I know he has what it takes to be great and I'm thrilled for the new adventure.  I feel like we compliment each other, we get along well and we have much to gain from one-another.

Please keep an eye out for my new guy and stay tuned as we add feathers to our cap!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at this
website is truly nice.

Feel free to visit my blog post; how to get a lot of followers on instagram