Thursday, May 06, 2010

Life @ Inspo...




I've now been at Inspo for over 6 weeks and I dont ever want to leave. The facility has given my horses, my dog and myself great happiness... I even think my city boyfriend enjoys the peace that Inspo has to offer.

Most importantly Havarah's Charly enjoys his view, his pasture, the great indoor and ALL the hacking that he spends a lot of time doing! Charly and I have been ticking away trying to prepare ourselves for our first CCI ***. This involves lots of training on and off the horse and a whole lot of paperwork. There's so much that goes into competing at this level. I'm still in search of a new sponsor/owner to share part in the Minyan syndicate, I know the right person is out there...just a matter of finding them!

The other horses are really coming around in their training and fitness. I've got a new sales horse in I'm excited to start showing to people in the next few weeks. "Ankhe Pass" is a OTTB BUT looks like a WB and moves like one. He is big, so I need to find him a tall person, I'm sure I look pretty funny on this one.

Beaujeste is surprising me all the time, some days he's an arrogant pony that knows how talented he is and other days he's a talented pony that also wants to be a complete gentleman... one thing is always true for him, he's a child prodigy.

Sprite has agreed to our program. Molly riding days means its time to learn, sweat and jump big (training size) and Quinn days means it's time for Sprite to be the teacher and be a "kids pony". We've had to do a little convincing to Sprite that it's not always necessary to show everyone what a phenomenal pony jumper she is. Sprite loves her child (Quinn) and is really starting to respect her needs! They have conquered their first starter event together and the world is their oyster.

Sabrina aka the Queen is doing her best to put up with the other horses in her barn and share her people with them! She is such a lovely ride and I'm thankful for every day I have her, however my time may be coming to an end ... she's getting too good!

I also have a new horse in named Rivan... this one is a big fancy warmblood that wants to learn how to jump. Stay tuned for more info on this big guy!

No comments: