Thursday, May 27, 2010

May up-date

I've been waiting for pictures from the Virginia Horse Trials, but have decided the post will have to precede the photos!

Charly and I had our final outing prior to Bromont at the Virginia Horse park- we decided to do an Intermediate HT as a fitness run and a good confidence builder before tackling the toughest challenge of our lives. VA was exactly what we wanted- a good course and good footing. Charly was on his game in all three phases and I really feel like I have so much more trust in him this season than ever before, it's so wonderful to know a horse as well as I know Charly.

Having said all this, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't the least bit worried heading into Bromont. I have all the faith in the world in Charly and he feels great, but a) I've never taken a horse out of the country and b) Its a THREE STAR!!!

I suppose this is part of the challenge - not letting these things get in my head.

Luckily things at Inspo are keeping me so incredibly busy that there isn't much time to worry. For anyone that's reading this and doesn't already know, this weekend is a HUGE sale at INSPO- household and barn items at rock bottom prices. It's sort of like a fair, hot dogs and everything!

While everyone is shopping I will be waking up at 3:30 am to take the training level horses to Waredaca, one of my favorite events... except for the alarm clock that always gets set to an aweful time when I compete there.

Besides that my holdiay weekend will contain a LOT of riding, galloping Charly, barn stuff, and barn stuff... hopefully I'll find a minute to share with Mr. Bryce on his holdiay weekend..!

Keep posted for some up-dated photos, and definitely stay tuned for a June up-date!

1 comment:

Jenn Jenn said...

Good luck- no need to worry, you are going to do wonderfully!