Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thoughts and reflections on the AEC's

Greetings everyone! I am home from a fabulous week. That sentance really sums up our experience but since you weren't there I'll try my best to expand on how and why things were so great.

First of all, as an eventer, I lead a busy life. This means that sometimes to get all the horses worked and prepared for their events some things get sacrificed. I felt like I got to spend some quality time with my great clients, LONG LOST friends and fantastic sponsors. We had a good time, not too crazy, but just a lot of laughs and shared moments.

Secondly, as an eventer we work hard, and it's so wonderful when all this work gets recognized. I've been teaching John Nunn and his wonderful mount Smilelikeyoumeanit for a few years now. John is probably the busiest person I know, but this year he has really buckled down with his riding. This all came to fruition for him as he was recognized for his outstanding cross country riding from Charles Owens. WAY TO GO JOHN!!
Speaking of working hard, Miss Maddie has been with me since Aiken this winter and comes to the barn nearly 6 days a week, rides a lot and is all about learning about the whole process. This girl makes me so proud. I love when a youth has a determination about something and gets it done. She above and beyond achieved her goal of going training level in 2011 and qualifying for the AEC's. At 13 years old, she was amazing to watch.

Thirdly, I have some amazing horses for the future. I brought along Puttin on the Ritz and Rivan for a grand experience. Tents, flags, MUSIC, loudspeaker, CROWDS, etc etc. They got all of it and I feel like they will be so much better off now when they go to their first FEI competition. Benny is a jumping machine, dressage is coming along, but for 6 years old, I am so pleased. Rivan, if you've seen him you know that words cant express his desire to please or clear everything. This guy came to us as a second career and he is really taken to eventing.

Last but not least Hannah Metz and Kynymonts Indelibly Irish were the stars of the show. Indy is such a special horse, one of the horses we have for sale. He put in a class act performance in all three phases finishing behind the leader by .5 faults. Indy has only been competing for less than a year and Hannah helped this guy get used to the atmosphere with lots of love. This girl has a thing with horses, if they need a "helper" she is always there, they love her. Especially Indie... however, when he sells I'm not letting her go with him!

Thank you to Kim and Steve for all the help this last week, and thank you to Kara and Robyn for keeping all the horses at home in top notch shape.

On to a big weekend at Plantation Field... come and watch the Wonder Woman and Wonder Pony in the Intermediate and Preliminary divisions.

~Molly Rosin

No comments: